We believe that optimal development occurs within a supportive relationship that values authenticity, self-reflection, and mutual commitment to growth. It is our goal to help each trainee increase their responsibility, capabilities, autonomy, and confidence throughout the training year.
We offer a two-semester practicum training for doctoral graduate students in clinical or counseling psychology. The training spans two academic semesters, typically beginning in August and ending in May for each rotation. Students interested in summer practicum will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Practicum trainees will have the opportunity to provide individual, couples, family, and/or group therapy with adults and adolescents in a private practice setting. Additionally, practicum trainees will also participate in our community enhancement initiatives which includes providing therapeutic interventions to underserved populations.
Practicum trainees are scheduled to be on site 16-20 hours per week, which is usually divided over 3 days. During this time, trainees will participate in a variety of activities including delivery of therapeutic services, didactic training, administrative tasks, group consultation, and supervision. Feedback of trainees’ performance will be an on-going process within supervision and formal evaluations will be completed at the end of each semester based on specific competency requirements from the student’s home program.
Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled. Interested applicants should submit:
- Personal statement including training goals and interest in Chrysalis Center Practicum Program
- Professional CV describing education and clinical experience
- Three letters of reference with contact information for letter writers
Submit all application materials to Jimmy McGuffin, PhD. at: firstname.lastname@example.org
After review of application materials, students being considered for a practicum position will be contacted for an on-site interview.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Private Practice
The Chrysalis Center offers a comprehensive 12-month Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Private Practice for therapists with a Ph.D. or Psy.D. During this time you will learn how to build and maintain a private-pay psychotherapy practice, grow your psychotherapeutic conceptualization and intervention skills, and develop your professional identity as you prepare for full licensure. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to provide psychoeducational presentations and consultation to medical professionals, school districts, and other pillars of the Dallas-Fort Worth community. There may also be opportunities to provide supervision to doctoral-level practicum students from nearby universities.
The Post-Doctoral Fellowship is designed to allow you to build your private practice without overhead. We have adopted a financial model that provides the security and consistency of a base salary with the incentive of a bonus structure. By the end of the training year, Post-Doctoral Fellows are expected to have a full case-load and be prepared for a smooth transition into independent practice. One aspect of professional development that we emphasize is self-care, so case loads will be capped at 30 sessions per week.
The Chrysalis Center Post-Doctoral Fellowship program meets TSBEP licensure requirements. https://www.tsbep.texas.gov
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA accredited program
- Completion of an APA accredited predoctoral internship
- Self-starter with openness to learning and personal growth
- Experience and ability to work closely and collaboratively with colleagues
- Commitment to multicultural growth, reflection, and work with diverse populations
- Cover letter describing interest/fit in the program and career aspirations
- Current CV or resume
- Three professional letters with reference information (name, contact information, nature of work together) by those who are familiar with your clinical work
- Brief essay describing your personal approach to psychotherapy
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
Start date: September 1st (negotiable)
Submit application materials to Zane Dodd, PhD. at: email@example.com
For a more detailed description of the Post-Doctoral Fellowship, please click here Chrysalis Center Post-Doctoral Fellowship.